Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Into amaze (for Nancy & Terry)


My good friends Terry & Nancy asked me to write a poem for their wedding. It was a bit of a challenge, but I managed to come up with something they both like. Today I'll be reading it at the ceremony, so wish me luck.

Into amaze (for Nancy & Terry)
By Francis Scudellari

Into amaze I wandered new,
Wonders seeking
Down dim-lit rows I felt my way,
Fingers outstretched
Sensing another, her, beyond
O'er the next wall
Needing to share these sights, each joy,
Sorrow, my life

Through the long lab'rinth I
Moved to finding
Across twisted paths I stepped e'er
Pointed inward
Knowing another, him, stood just
Within my reach
Wanting to give-take guidance, strength,
Support, my heart

'Til, across a clearing each one
Saw, recognized
Then, now, down brightened paths travel We
Replacing I
Joined mid-journey, in love, grasping
Hands, truths, lives, ends
Together we walk center-ward,
Once two, halves wholed

3 comments:

Joy said...

That's a beautiful poem for two people who have chosen to stand together thru good and bad and are commited to sharing the rest of their lives as one, no matter what.

You've captured it wonderfully.

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Terry and Nancy are blessed to have your Friendship and heart warming Poem. I'm certain your reading this at their Wedding went grand, though naturally nervous :) What an 'amazing' poem Francis! A gift of words for all to truly cherish forever.

Francis Scudellari said...

I'm often better at the theory than the practice. I think Terry and Nancy will be very happy together.

The poem went over well despite my shaky reading (sped thru it a little too fast).