Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thought Experiment

I may or may not be:
a posited feline absurdity
curled up on comma paws
inside Herr Schrödinger's booby-trapped box.

Its flask of uncertain
whether smashed to poison my mighty mews
and spew a gray-mouthed cloud
that inky clots neither's sharpening pen.

Entangled buts become
stranded as knots of fuzzy pink yarn send
either-or careening
arm and arm down imperfect pictured paths,

where Epimetheus
stands, ready to wed Pandora anew,
and doom-birth our many
worlds with the lifting of my thousand lids.

Francis Scudellari

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Esoteric, but lovely. You lend an enigmatic quality to your verse through words!

Francis Scudellari said...

The references in this one are a bit obscure, that's why I included the links. I'm glad you enjoyed it.