Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Amiss and remiss in my posting

I've been inundated with work (the kind that pays the bills) recently, so I haven't had much time to work on creative endeavors. Although that's an unfortunate fact for my avid blog readers, it's very good news for my avaricious creditors. Things should ease up later in the week, and I hope to post my usual mixture of poetry, fiction and drawing before too long.

In the mean time, I'd like to acknowledge two of my virtual friends who have bestowed honors upon me:

First, a hearty thank you to Angel for giving me the Kick Ass Blogger Award (pictured at left). As she describes it in her post, the award recognizes a blogger "who can grab your attention and give you something to chew over for the rest of the day and in doing so, entices you back for more. A Kick Ass Blogger is someone who is witty, articulate, and informative. Not easy to pull off, especially in the blogosphere where the competition is intense." High praise indeed, and Angel's Here and Now blog definitely fits the description, so check it out.

Next, I owe a long over-due shout-out to Jena who a month ago gave me the Arte Y Pico Award (pictured at-right). In the summer, when distractions are omnipresent, time seems to stream by at a rapid pace and I habitually neglect too many things in need of doing. So I apologize for the delayed response. Jena has been very supportive of my work, and Gewgaw Writings is a great creative writing site that you should visit. There are some rules involved with this award, which I'm never good at following. If you're interested in such details, you can view the fine print accompanying this one by reading Jena's post.

For both of these awards, I'm supposed to name five more recipients. I'll work on that, and get a list up here when autumn arrives and time slows to a more leisurely pace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling.. work is constantly interupting writing but one must eat..:)

Anonymous said...

Summer has gone by fairly quickly this year. At least that's how I feel now. I'm sure I'll have a different feeling when it's October and we're dealing with the heat that finally comes. Work is good. It's constructive. I wish I had that reason to use regarding not getting anything done around here. So many blogs...Oh, and a hearty congrats on your accolades!

Francis Scudellari said...

@Robert It not only interrupts, but it seems to drain off my creative energy. It's usually easier for me to draw than write when I'm busy with work ... must be a right brain / left brain issue.

@Kelly I enjoy what I do, so it's not bad at all ... I just wish I had more time in the day to work on everything.

Jena Isle said...

Hi Francis, thanks congratulations, you rightly deserve it. I have read from one of your readers that she can recognize your work even if it's in the midst of other works of art. I do too. I find your works of art truly unique and have a style and captivating character of their own.
As you said an ABSTOON - only from you.

My hats off to you.