Pages

Friday, May 09, 2008

We interrupt these doodles: Check out my guest post

L.S. King invited me to do a guest post on her N*tranced blog about my most recent techno-fascination: The Technological Singularity. Here's a short excerpt ...
Both Vinge's bleak and Kurzweil's rosy interpretations are predicated on the "universal law" that knowledge undergoes exponential growth. Some dispute that, but it's hard to argue against the widespread feeling that we're being propelled into uncharted waters by a seemingly constant flow of innovations. As more and more advances occur, and apparently disparate fields (biology, genetics, robotics, artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, etc.) begin to converge, we could reach a tipping point after which rapid-paced changes cascade down on us.
If you'd like to take a break from the doodling, please check it out. And in keeping with Doodle Week, she even included my self-portrait doodle with the article.

5 comments:

Laura Brown said...

It's always an honour to be asked to guest post in another blog. Congratulations on the recognition you deserve. :)

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks so much Laura. It was a challenge to write, and I'm just glad I was able to summarize a complicated subject and still appear coherent.

n*tranced said...

Thank you so much for being my guest poster!!! It is a great article.

Davidlind said...

You really are a good example of someone who has merged the left and right sides of their brain to a high degree. Having tried it myself I can appreciate it when it is taken to a high level. Nice going.
Now... you're going to do WHAT exactly?

Francis Scudellari said...

@David That's the $64,000 question. I don't know what I'm going to do exactly ... continue to draw and write until the two merge into some coherent whole.