Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Speaking of mundane facts about me ... a desktop meme

Deborah, my friend and colleague over at Climate of Our Future, has tagged me with the "What's the look of your computer personality?" meme in which I'm supposed to post a screen shot of my desktop so that the world can gain a deeper insight into my twisted personality.

I'm not sure how revealing it is, other than displaying my weakness for small furry critters (Lucy and Albert the pugs, to be specific), but here it is ...


Before the dogs, I had a lovely close-up shot of a butterfly that my friend Doug took in his garden. Either my mother guessed my personality well when she named me after Saint Francis of Assisi, or self-knowing I had to live up to the name I became a Nature lover. That's an interesting philosophical debate I'll leave for another time.

As my favorite number is three, I'll pick a trio of writers I admire to participate in the fun:
  • It wouldn't be a meme post if I didn't get wonderfully creative Jeane Michelle Culp, the Poetress, involved, so I'll tag her over at Binding Ink.
  • I've always admired the edginess of Raven's no-holds-barred posts over at Stuper Hero Extraordinaire, so I'm sure she'll have something interesting to share.
  • Lisa McGlaun's LifePrints site is a place from which I take daily inspiration, so I'll impose on her seemingly infinite generosity.

8 comments:

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Oh jeeps, thanks Pal for the tag - lol! Always nice to learn something new about you and that is you are a Nature lover, for even cute pugs are a part of Nature. As the Autumn leaves flutter in, hope we hear more about this side of you!

Francis Scudellari said...

Be careful what you wish for :). I have in fact just posted another small glimpse into my strange psyche today ... granted a different side than the Nature loving saint.

Raven said...

Hey, I can't figure out how to post a pic of my desktop on my blog, can you tell me how to do that?

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Raven, Sorry about that ... the rules seem to have gotten dropped from the meme chain before it got to me. The poetress found them:

http://bindingink3.blogspot.com/2007/11/show-off-your-top.html

"You can do a screen capture by: [1] Going to your desktop and pressing the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key). [2] Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and do a Paste (CTRL + V)."

Angelalpev said...

Hi there! I really admired the nature-loving in you..but I'm more to sceneries and landscape..hehehe ;)

Unknown said...

Very nice picture...I likez very personnal desktops!

The_Mrs said...

I came to visit from Fran's blog.

Very cute dogs! :)

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks Fran and The Mrs. Lucy and Albert appreciate the positive feedback, and I think they may be the cutest dogs on earth ... but I'm biased :).