Pages

Monday, August 27, 2007

When Fours are not so Fab

Nothing imparts a better sense of how dull you are than compiling lists of facts about yourself. My friend Lisa McGlaun (another much deserved recipient of the Nice Matters Award) who authors the wonderful LifePrints blog has tagged me with the Fab 4 Meme, so I had to partake in just such an endeavor.

My foursomes of facts don't have the entertainment value of those mop-topped young gents from Liverpool for which the meme is named, but they'll provide ample motivation to create some more interesting life experiences going forward.

It is highly recommended that you be fully caffeinated before proceeding beyond this point, as the text has been proven to induce drowsiness ...

4 Jobs I've Held:
  • Short Order Cook — My senior year at Northwestern I took a turn on the flat top grill cooking eggs to order at my dorm's cafeteria. As iffy as some of the food there was, it was always good to be able to forage my own meal from the kitchen.
  • Research Assistant — My first real job out of college was working for a firm that provided economic data to Fortune 500 companies involved in litigation. At its least glamorous it involved making copies of articles at the local library, but I also got to read through some interesting documents, including baseball player contracts in the MLB collusion suit.
  • Computer Aided Drafting — Just as exciting as it sounds, I created electronic versions of engineering blueprints. A high-tech version of Etch-A-Sketch.
  • Software Quality Assurance — No one likes a critic, or those that find fault. For this job I got to point out all the mistakes software developers were making. Thankfully, most didn't hold it against me.
4 Films I Could Watch Over and Over:
  • Dr. Strangelove

  • The Godfather

  • Brazil

  • Monty Python's Holy Grail
4 Television Shows I Watch:

  • Southpark

  • Daily Show

  • Colbert Report

  • Simpsons

4 Places I've Lived:

  • Piscataway Hills, MD

  • Evanston, IL

  • Highland Park, IL

  • Chicago, IL

4 Favorite Foods:

  • Barbecued Salmon

  • Stuffed Spinach Pizza

  • Chicken Cacciatore

  • Turkey Club Sandwich

4 Websites I Visit Every Day:

  • Google News

  • MyBlogLog

  • Technorati

  • Answers.com

4 Places I Would Love To Be Right Now:

  • Watching a baseball game at Wrigley Field, Chicago

  • Checking out a favorite band at a small club

  • Looking out an airplane window on my way to parts unknown

  • Hiking through a secluded forest

4 Favorite Colors:

  • Indigo

  • Emerald Green

  • Burgundy

  • Purple

4 Names That I Love but Would/Could Not Use For My Children:

  • Galileo

  • Humbert

  • Uriel

  • Phineas
Having now satiated you with trivia about yours truly, it is my task to tag 4 others with the meme. I'm sure they'll hate me for forcing them to engage in this exercise of self-revelation, but what else are friends for?

Here are four bloggers whose work I find particularly interesting, and whose fours I'll hope to poach for future memes:

8 comments:

Lisa McGlaun said...

That's exactly the pizza I'd pick..yummy. Okay, Francis..Humbert? Very interesting.

Thanks for participating. Like you said, what are friends for if not to implore you to participate in ridiculous excercises of self-examination..lol.

Hugs,
Lisa

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Lisa,

The names one was a toughy ... I basically just put down the first weird names that popped in my mind. As you probably guessed, Humbert was a Nabokov reference ... I like repetitive names like Humbert Humbert and Galileo Galilei. Maybe I should have used Boutros Boutros as well :).

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Yawn… oh excuse me, I must have forgotten the caffeine first – lol. Just kidding of course Francis! A little pay back for tagging me :). Now that we have learned these delightful facts about you, onto the cloning process! So far the replica has only succeeded in developing you into a Puppet, yet one whose strings keep pulling at everyone’s heart :)

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Jeane, I think my Puppet would be busy trying to pull the strings from the hands of he puppet master. Maybe we can use these parameters to create a computer simulation that does new posts for me :).

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I think? I did see this a day or so ago and thought that I had commented...So sorry! And I'll get to it after I rant a bit on something else today.

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Kelly,

Take your time ... ranting is always a higher priority :).

Para said...

I'm home with a cold and bored out of my wit, so this is perfect. :)

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Para,

I'm always glad to help with boredom :). I'll look forward to your post.