Pages

Monday, August 27, 2007

Lost weekend: Sandwiched reality

I know my blogging idleness this weekend must seem sinful, but I swear I wasn't doing the devil's work. In fact my hands were quite busy with loved labor lost in the physical realm.

I spent many fruitful hours (and some not so fruitfull ones) at our neighborhood arts fest pushing panini for my dear friends Terry & Nancy, who own Gold 'N Pear Catering. We met many wonderful folks who stopped by the booth at the Glenwood Avenue Arts Festival, and once we got all the logistical kinks worked out we had a great time.

The sandwiches were so good, they got credit for performing a miracle. A repeat customer exclaimed that one of the panini indeed saved his friend's life. I'd divine that it was an exaggeration, but I'm sure Terry and Nancy will take it as a ringing endorsement.

I'll apply my industriousness back to the blog tomorrow, so stay tuned. There are two awards, a meme, and a Wired article soon to appear. I'm sure I'll throw in a song lyric or two as well.

2 comments:

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Yummy post Francis! I adore the business name, “Gold 'N Pear Catering”. We look forward to your next Dagwood posts, stacked high with your wit and taste in music!

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Jeane,
Terry and Nancy are truly a Golden Pair, so the name is most fitting. I'm glad you liked the post. Not quite as yummy as the actual sandwiches however.