Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Teapot

… Sometimes-voices land
flat. Long sheepish, they had waked after I. Then,
pills made me sleep again. Again, I’m dreaming.
The clouds are thoughts. Rich, they would open to me,
show ready drops. Don’t wake me! Upon them I
dream, and won’t cry again.


Back to the Bard, this time revisiting Caliban's lines from The Tempest.
… and sometimes voices,
That, if I then had wak'd after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again; and then, in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open and show riches
Ready to drop upon me, that, when I wak'd,
I cried to dream again.
[The Tempest: III.ii.135-40]

2 comments:

Theiere said...

Oh God!that one might read the book of fate

And see the revolution of times
Make mountains level and the continent weary of solid firmness,melt itself into
Into the sea!

The beachy girdle of the ocean
now too wide for Neptune's hips
poses challenge forthwith
Henry 1V

'Resolve on this,thou shalt be fortunate
If thou receive me for thy warlike mate'Henry V1

Stephano said...

"I thus neglecting worldly ends,all dedicated
To closeness, and the bettering
of my mind"
made thus folly
"Come on your ways:open your mouth:
here is that which will give language to you,cat" RAP DOO DA

"This will shake you shaking"'MAN!
..you cannot tell who's your friend:open your chaps again"

What? God,that Will's a clown..gets me every time.

Quotes from The Tempest